My GPT Cash Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPT Forums - Discuss your favorite GPT Sites, Tips, and Tricks!

+2
squish
heyCici
6 posters

Censorship in the Cashcrate forums

heyCici

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Censorship in the Cashcrate forums Empty Censorship in the Cashcrate forums

Post by heyCici Wed 11 Feb 2009, 2:06 pm

The amount of oversight that we are subject to in the cashcrate forums is kind of getting to me. Is anyone else feeling this?

The moderators delete posts that reference practices that are not allowed, which I am fine with. But they have been deleting posts that link to EXTERNAL sites (like my blog) that reference those practices. I thought the rest of the internet was fair game.

This is a message I got from a CashCrate forum mod:

Hi,

I had to delete the post asking for feedback on your blog.

Using the dot in G-mail addresses is something we don't allow. Advertisers have caught onto this, and it can actually cause offers not to approve. Also, many other sites consider this to be fraud, and we may be moving in that direction as well.

We also do not recommend the use of prepaid cards for doing offers. Many advertisers are not accepting them.

If you'd like to remove these 2 items, please feel free to post a thread about your blog in the Just Chatter section of the forum.

Thanks,

[name]

I understand that they may be contractually obligated to do this per an agreement with their advertisers.
    At any rate, do you think this amount of censorship is excessive?
    squish

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Censorship in the Cashcrate forums Empty Re: Censorship in the Cashcrate forums

Post by squish Wed 11 Feb 2009, 3:54 pm

No. They're just trying to keep the advertisers from throwing a fit and pulling out. It used to be a lot worse...at least now we're allowed to talk about pending offers on the forums. That didn't used to be the case.
    briguy
    briguy
    Admin

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

Post by briguy Wed 11 Feb 2009, 8:49 pm

Not a legal expert..but these types of discussion are quite heated on a lot of forums that I participate in!

Anyway..this is my opinion....Since I own my house, I can make the rules of what I approve or not approve in my house...etc!

Now wouldn't the same thing apply if I owned the forum and or a business?
    heyCici

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by heyCici Thu 12 Feb 2009, 3:56 pm

It is true that they have the right to delete whatever content they want from their site because they are hosting it on their site.

What bothers me is that I read the forum rules carefully, and they are deleting posts for reasons that are not outlined in the forum rules.
    JonP

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-08-04

Post by JonP Tue 04 Aug 2009, 11:24 am

Hardly any GPT forum allows you to advertise your blog on their forums or advertise any other GPT directly/indirectly. This isn't anything new and it's for their protection as a GPT as well as protection for their advertisers.

It is their business, their rules...the rules are made pretty clear in their terms and they have every right to enforce them.
    crazzycat

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-01-13

Post by crazzycat Wed 13 Jan 2010, 8:34 am

really that's true
    Michigan
    Michigan

Number of posts : 174
    Registration date : 2010-10-19

Post by Michigan Tue 08 Feb 2011, 7:14 pm

It's common sense not to advertise other sites, it takes away from their businesses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 5:05 am